BEAEKA Sesame seeds
BEAEKA Export:-The Company exports specialty Coffee , Oil Seeds (Sesame seeds & Niger seeds) Cereal (Soybean, Chick bean, red kidney bean, peas and beans) to different parts of the world: Europe, Far East, Middle East and Asia are the destination market. Ethiopia is an important sesame seed exporter on the world market. In 2005 and 2006 Ethiopian exports further increased, whereby China came up as a new market. The main export markets for Ethiopian sesame seed are China, Israel and other countries in the Middle East and Turkey. Ethiopian exports (quantity) of sesame seed in the second half of 2006:-China 26%,Israel 20%,Turkey 12%,Middle East 20%,USA 6%,EU 8%,Others 8%
Since recently China does not produce enough sesame seeds to meet its own demand. This has led to a strong increase in Ethiopian sesame seed exports to this country in the past years. Ethiopia is the main supplier of sesame seeds to Israel with a market share of around two thirds. On the Turkish market the Ethiopian share is around 20%. In the past years Ethiopia gained market share in the Middle East (especially Yemen) at the cost of Sudan. In the Middle East sesame seeds are used for topping on breads and baked goods and in ethnic dishes as well, such as tahini paste, halvah and oil. They mainly use mixed colored sesame seed which they clean and put in mixed form on their bakery products or for the production of oil. The major importers of Ethiopian sesame seed in the EU are Greece, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In Europe several trading houses purchase sesame seeds and resell the seeds to buyers all over the world. When the trading houses doubt the quality, they first transport the seeds to Europe, clean them and often sort them by color.Japan is the biggest world importer of sesame seed. Sesame oil, particularly from roasted seed, is an important component of Japanese cooking and traditionally this is the principal use of the seed. Japanese are very critical of quality.
Many traders in Japan have their own cleaning installations where they also separate the sesame seed by color. Because of quality problems in the past, Ethiopia is not an important exporter for Japan. However, it seems that via China the volume of Ethiopian oilseeds exported to Japan is increasing. Sesame is used in a wide range of applications. The most important are:
1. Edible oil. The oil is almost odorless with a distinctive nutty sweet flavor. Roasted sesame oil resists rancidity due to the antioxidants formed during seed roasting. Sesame oil is especially important in the Far Eastern cuisine, mainly Japan and China.
2. Confectionary, biscuit and bakery industry. Mostly hulled clear white sesame is required for bakery products. Hulled sesame sticks to the bread or roll, while maintaining the white color after baking. Roasted sesame has a nutty taste.
3. Tahini industry. Tahini, a traditional Middle Eastern paste, is made from hulled sesame seed and is rich in protein.
4. Halva industry. Halva is a sweet made of 50% tahini, boiled sugar and some other ingredients.
5. Sesame flour and sesame seed sprouts.
6. Pharmaceutical ingredients.
General Constructions (Grade 1), Machinery Rental and Real Estate
Import- Construction Machineries, Vehicles, Building Materials , Reinforced Steel Bar, Printing Papers, Tyres and Spare parts
Export- Oil seeds, Pules, Coffee and Marbles
Manufacturing Industry, Agro Industry and Printing Works
To be one of the well known and Ethiopian market leader companies by year 2025 through providing customers with high quality products and services with added value at competitive prices, simultaneously ensuring long term relationship with customers and maintaining high profitability of the compan
We are seen as a friendly, caring and efficient organization whose primary focus is on providing consumers with safe and convenient high quality products and services. We are conscious of our role, as a leading corporate citizen, one which requires us at all times to be in tune with and responsive to the social, environmental, economic and cultural aspirations of the Ethiopian people, whilst ensuring the owners a reasonable return on their investment.
Therefore our mission is:
- To provide the best product and service that can satisfy customers` needs and there by conform with ever changing competition to sufficiently excel and satisfy customers` expectations;
- To expand the business to different foreign countries with proper diversification mechanisms;
- To ensure being a company of choice to its stakeholders and an investment of choice for owners;
- To contribute positively to socio economic development of Ethiopia in particular and the other countries in general in which it operates
BEAEKA general business P.L.C. has been committed to undertake business with the following core values.
- As Company; honesty, integrity and transparency is our first priority;
- Act in an open fashion and be result-oriented, creative and innovative;
- Adopt none tolerance to indifference, inefficiency and bureaucracy;
- Treat our customers the same way we would like to be treated and always look for ways to make it easier for customers to do business with us;
- Be able to create best known company, where by employees with honest, dedicated, creative and self initiative on their duty.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and enabling employees to feel as the company is their own;
- We recognize and reward employees for their performance and demonstrate integrity, respect to others, candor and team work;
- Creating team work spirit in every individual within the company